After (traveling) last weekend, a birthday party, a funeral and a trip to the emergency room parking lot we've been kind of tired around here. So we decided this 4th of July weekend would be all about relaxing.
Emma Kate wanted to stay in her pajamas all day, but we weren't going to be that relaxed. Who could blame her, they are super soft and oh so cute.
I finally got around to planting flowers in the flowerbed Alan made me last year. Ryne tried to help.
I comtemplated about where to plant each flower... and what to do about all those split ends!
Ryne, wearing one of last year's swim diapers, decided it would be more fun to play with the water hose.
Emma Kate and I stayed cool in the shade.

After nap time we took the kids to Aldridge Gardens for some late afternoon fun.
Emma Kate wanted to nap a little longer.
Alan and Ryne fed the fish, geese and turtles. There were a gazillion turtles eating. I don't have a good picture of the turtles, but there were so many they were practically on top of each other.
We stopped for a little snack.
Then we headed home for pizza, that Ryne thoroughly enjoyed...
and some homemade apple cobbler.
Happy Independence Day!!!
