Thursday, September 6, 2012

3k



Today my sweet girl started preschool. She was READY; I'm not so sure I was. I must say it was strange not having her tag along while I ran errands wandered aimlessly around town. She is in Ms. Dana's 3k class and we are happy to have a family friend for her teacher. Emma Kate seemed only a little unsure about things when I dropped her off in carpool this morning. Although her "best friend" Leah was not in her class and Stuart "almost pushed her" on the playground, she had a GREAT day. She was quite excited that it was finally her turn to bring home a treat ... SMARTIES!... which she had watched her brother do so many times before and which she ate as soon as she could get her little fingers on them. I mean really, it was the first thing she screamed as she got into the car, "I got smarties!". On the ride home she told me all about her exciting first day; I realized my baby girl will be ok without me... but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. ;)